Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Boarder line Stupidity

Baby Mama/papa drama is on my mind today. Would you settle down with a man/woman who has different children with different women/men? Say about 5 different women/men. When people find out that that I grew up in Nigeria, they ask me if it is true that African girls marry at a very early age, most times I ignore the question but most times I want to say the African girls that you see on TV stay married to the older men that they married and have kids with that man. It is no different from a high school girl or boy in the US that has a child at 13 0r 15.
Once again, i have to refer to the area that I live, according to research, its one of the poorest and most backwards places in the US. It also seems to have the most children born out of wedlock. Does poverty make people stupid? How can you not feed yourself but decide to have a child? Coming from a different culture and background, where having kids out of wedlock is frowned on, I find it strange that most people who live here have at least two kids and some as many as five without ever getting married. Sometimes, I want to shake sense into the head of some of the ladies I talk to. I wonder to myself, are these folks not interested in making a better life for themselves?( i ask this, cause most work, and refuse to go to school) Maybe boredom is the reason these people make kids. Are people not scared of catching a disease from having unprotected sex? All these thoughts run through my mind each day.
To top it up, I hear about baby mamas fighting each other because of a man that cannot afford to take care of himself, talkless of the kids that he has made with these women. Many of these men are in and out of jail, and have grown ass women fighting over them. What a shame! What message do these mothers pass on to their little girls and boys?
I do understand if you have one child and something happens between you and your partner, but one women or man, four different children, four different baby daddies/mommies is a bit much and boarders on the edge of stupidity (yes i said it, for the oyinbo man talk say, once bitten twice shy abi?)
Once again, these are solely my opinions and for all the people that read this blog, i say to the men wrap it up and to the women, pls close ya legs haba not everyone that you meet has to visit 'Jerusalem.'

No comments: