Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Life

I got to school yesterday and found out that the brother of a colleague and classmate of mine passed away over the weekend. He was only 32 and according to his obituary, he died of natural causes. Even though I never really knew this person, I still felt a sense of loss because he was so young. All day yesterday, i thought of the family and the different emotions that they must have felt. This leads me to my post of today.
Death, as we know is inevitable as long as you are born into this world. I remember someone saying that no matter how long you live on earth, let your life count for something. So whether you live to 70 or 80 or 35 , ask yourself, "Have I made an impact on my world or my society or even my family? If death should come at this very moment, will people remember me for something I did (positively) or will they just attend my funeral because of my family or because I lived in the same neighborhood with them etc ?
I've made up my mind to make a difference in the lives of people who know me and those who don't. In the lives of people who hate me and those who love me.
I've decided to remove myself from the bandwagon of bench-warmers and become active in my community.
What will you be remembered for?

No comments: