Friday, January 18, 2008

Marriage and Babies

Ok people, i'm curious as to the reason why people always feel the need to ask me questions that is no business of theirs. Intially it was; "oh when are you getting married?"Nothing wrong with the question you might think. I'll tell you what i find wrong with the question. First and foremost I cant marry myself abi (right)? secondly, i'm not marrying any scumbag just to be called Mrs Someborri and thirdly half of the people who asked me that question were actually divorced. My thoughts were ' so now you want me to be like you?'Among my people, being married is some kind of prestige or honor. I guess even if your husband is useless, as long as you are Mrs.... people would respect you. How ironic!
Ok, now, I've found a wonderful man to share my life with, the next question is 'Do you have children, or when do you plan to have children? Haba, na wah o, people take am easy. Na God dey give Pikin(God gives children). I went to a babyshower today, and that was the question, most people were asking, only to find out that they started having babies at 14 and 15(abeg thats way to early, my opinion)shoot me if you wish, i think anyone under 20 is way too young to have children. What happened to going to college or trade school to make a better life for that child? (i know, some people attain these things after having kids, but majority do not)
anyways, just wanted to say, there is a time and season for everything and I'm in no rush, in God's time, everything will work itself out.

No comments: